Saturday, December 1, 2012

stack attack

I had the privilege of watching an online broadcast from my old alma mater University of Santo Monica. When the universe gives us challenges to wake us up my University calls it stackers as they will stack up your lessons until you learn what is required. One student called it a stack attack and that is exactly what the last few days have been. It has been surreal as so many of my old buttons have been pushed and even slammed. I had so many things happen over the last two days that would have freaked me out, made me furious, driven me into intense overwhelm. While my body did experience a lot of tension and I did say a few cross words. overall I came through with flying colors. A part of me was so present as the witness. I wanted an Olympic judge to flash perfect 10's as I flew through some very intense moments. I watched the challenge come up, saw the choice point and chose again and again to stay centered and in love. The pain of judgment or blame was fresh in my mind from just the week before. I sure didn't want that toxicity coursing through my body. The test went on for hours and around midnight I almost lost it. I wanted to say stop, enough, I'm tired. That is one of my most vulnerable moments when I feel I am tooo tired to respond peacefully. Yet I did it!! Some drama resolved within minutes despite a physically grueling day. Today I actually had 3 seconds of rage pop up but I pulled back quickly. My spiritual partner otherwise known as my daughter is stunning me with her ability to stay out of drama too despite also being severely provoked by circumstances. The Course in Miracles says it is almost impossible to comprehend the wonder of being able to stay centered in the midst of a storm. Here it is storming wildly outside as the wind howls. My life circumstances were also howling as the stackers threw one thing after another at me. I think I now understand martial arts although I have little actual experience. I merely let the energies and events fly past me without sticking. I felt like a kung fu master, swerving, ducking, jumping and almost never getting actually hit. The most amazing aspect is that part of me really enjoyed it as I saw my level of mastery rising exponentially. This is the opportunity all of us have if we commit to this journey. No one will be left behind if they choose to do the work of liberation. It did get old after awhile yet the sense of empowerment was worth the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment