Monday, August 27, 2012

magic wand

Friday I had a good day and here's what I realized- these are unedited comments I made on a different site to give you (and remind me) of what is possible when our minds are focused on what we desire:


I am really getting the importance of focusing on what I desire not what I don't. First day driving to school and I had already noticed how much I was focusing on THE PROBLEM of not being able to wake my daughter and/or being late. So switched focus- still was last minute thing with her getting up 9 minutes before departure yet I stayed calm! Then i was concerned about being on time and a car was crawling way below the speed limit- it is a 25 minute drive at best- the school switched locations AFTER we bought our house. I actually passed in a no passing ( no passing is allowed for the entire trip.) Then later another car got in front crawling again. Again I focused on being late until I caught it and changed my mind!!! WIthin a second of focusing on us sailing in calmly right on time, the car speed up to the speed limit! We ended up a minute late but I think she'll be fine.

After that and after something I read I decided to experiment. I was forced into the wrong lane of a double turn lane yet focused on easily getting to be able to get on the freeway and a space opened up miraculously for me to get over! I wanted to pay a certain amount for school supplies and we were $3 over and someone just handed me a $5 coupon, etc etc. It is like magic and getting pretty fun. That I could stay calm with this school situation is such a major shift for me I feel like I climbed mount Everest.

Yes, experienced it over and over today. We were going to a reservoir for swimming at 6000 feet- basically last chance as nights getting cold at that altitude and therefore water too cold for swimming- my daughter's friend sick at last minute unable to go. First I felt a moment of upset then packed up anyway and saw us going- literally at last second someone joined us. Then logging trucks crawling up mountain, they seldom move over. First again felt tense as would greatly lengthen trip, then saw them pulling over immediately and three of them (which was all of them) did! Then somehow I was able to swim for about an hour in the pristine water without getting too cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment