Monday, November 26, 2012

clean up, clean up, everybody lend a hand

When my daughter was in kindergarden this was the song they sang as the cleaned up the room, "clean up, clean up, everybody in the land, clean up, clean up, everybody lend a hand." To me this perfectly describes where we are now as a planet and a species. It is time to clean up. As best as I can tell, this means cleaning up our own mess rather that worrying about cleaning up others' messes such as the economy, politics, etc. It means primarily cleaning up our own internal discord and disharmony. It means allowing ourselves to face our inner demons, feel the brunt of the self loathing they hide and thus transform them and us to a place of bliss and peace. This is the way we bring about planetary change. It starts within.

This last week has been a major clean up week for me. Starting last Sunday, the shit hit the fan and boy did I have a mess to clean up. The initial terror I experienced I believe was just residual energy caught in an old pattern that even I can see is pure illusion yet apparently needed to have it's final (hopefully) say. The rest of the week has been clearing up my self image as easily overwhelmed. I am witnessing how frequently I project that self image from the past to the future. So in the past this or that overwhelmed me, so now I don't want to plan this or that in the future as it may freak me out. Well, hello, I have just created that in my future.  :o :twisted: 

I am delighting in Gary Zukav's book Spiritual Partnership. He has brilliant analogies there about how to face and free ourself from what he calls frightened parts of ourselves. He was talking about how we can free ourself from rage, addiction, sadness, and so on and he included overwhelm in that package!!!!! What?!?!? How had I never seen this? In a very real way I had seen myself as a victim of this energy. Sure, I had learned to clear my body of all those other nasty energies but overwhelm I had considered to be a breed apart. It is just the way I am, my sensitive nervous system etc. In that moment the bell went off and I saw clearly how my words and actions create that experience again and again. I spoke that identity, I planned for that identity,  I refused activities becuase of that identity. WELL I DECLARE TO THE UNIVERSE NOW AND FOREVER- OVER AND DONE!!!! ENOUGH!!! I AM THROUGH WITH THAT ONE!! HEAR ME AND OBEY MY COMMAND SENT OUT TO THE POWERS THAT BE. FINITO, VAMANOUS!! (somebody correct my spelling there.)  

Wow, I feel the power of that. Tears came to my eyes.I am dynamiting that old identity. I will be vigilant to not speak the words that identity wants me to speak, not shove the past into the future. I notice this is one of the trickiest parts for me. Just because something was true 99% of the time in the past doesn't mean it has to be true for one second in the future. That is how powerful these times are. WE CAN LET IT GO!! So that means keeping your eyes on the prize, take your focus off what doesn't work and put all you can on what does work. Keep a gratitude journal or a joy journal like I am. This shifts your filter slow but sure. You then scan for joy, gratitude instead of the way we are conditioned to scan for problems, upset. Give it a try, join me in creating a new dream for yourself, a new identity. Spend as much time as possible daydreaming about what you would like your life to look and feel like. FEEL IT!! Know that those dreams are pulling your goodies to you faster than a locomotive. Dive in to your dreams and watch them come true. Don't sweat it if it take a while or some don't come. Trust yourself and your unseen guides. They love you and would never steer you wrong. 
My computer is acting weird as Mercury goes direct so I'll bid you adieu for now.


1 comment:

  1. How delcious to see this is so not an issue now all these years later. It is true, we can release any old identity. I am still process with one or two old limitations; ready to let them go now FOR SURE.

    ReplyDelete