Thursday, November 29, 2012

but really- focusing on what you want

This is a powerful time in the evolution of planet earth. I always tell my daughter that this time is absolutely historic and I believe will be as significant a marker as the birth of Christ was 2000 years ago. I believe it will be known as the time the people of earth turned in a new direction and began a time of "peace on earth and good will to men." So to be living in this momentous time is truly awesome. I imagine our great grandchildren will be wanting to hear tales of these heroic times. Yet it requires a tad of vigilance to surf these formidable energies with grace.

It is vital in these times to clean up what no longer serves us and to focus on what we want. Both of these skills require paying attention. That is why I recommend learning to meditate if you have not yet acquired that skill. Spend time in silence. The easiest way to begin is to focus on your breath, inhale exhale. Notice the breath either in the belly or the nostrils. If thoughts pop up (they will) just allow them to drift by and return to the breath. There are a million resources to learn. Check them out.

Two examples of focusing on what you want happened to me in the last day. I came down dramatically with a cold a few days ago and felt quite ill, feverish, sore throat, woke up 20 times in the night. You get the picture. Yet every time I woke up, I saw myself radiantly healthy and said, I will wake up feeling well and then drifted back to sleep. Now, two days later, I am still stuffed up but feel fine!! whopee!!

The second example was this morning. We went to bed late and I could not wake my daughter up for school. I lifted her, shook her and she would not wake up! I knew she was very tired and in the past, I would have freaked out, especially as the carpool driver was a man who has to get to work so I definitely din't want to be late. I STAYED CALM. I STAYED COMPASSIONATE. I STAYED FOCUSED ON WHAT I WANTED, A PEACEFUL, LOVING CONNECTED MORNING. It all came to pass. I finally got her awake minutes before we needed to leave. She was still in bed when I got in the car and she made it in less than three minutes! We were one minute early to carpool. Now I am sure this does not sound like much. Yet given the history of this situation and how stressful it has been for me, I consider this miracle territory and I do not think giving me the keys to the city and a ticker tape parade would be uncalled for. Major victory in the clean up department. So my darlings, utilize this key moment in history for the highest good. I am sure, like me, you are like, enough already. I'm tired. I don't want to do it. Believe me, I understand. Yet I sense it is vital to ride these humongous waves of transformational energy as far as we can in order to have the life of our dreams pop in as quickly as possible. Common kids, grab your surfboards and let's ride those waves!!!

This photo and article are more of what i want so I include it here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/29/larry-deprimo-nypd-cop-gives-homeless-boots

No comments:

Post a Comment