Thursday, July 31, 2014

stay the course

Today I am reading Sue Monk Kidd's The Invention of Wings. It is clear to me this is not a coincidence, following my viewing of the movie about Nelson Mandela. It is about two historical women, the Grimke sisters, courageous stand as abolitionist and the fictional bravery of several slaves to not bow and accept their lot. This past month has been a real eye opener for me. In those few days where I was not sure I could go on, I came to realize in a startling new way how huge this accession process is. I was humbled and bowed, afraid I was not up to the task at hand. I really wondered if I could withstand the internal and physical pressure I was feeling. I came way with a greater appreciation of my own courage and that of all you dear hearts that continue to stay the course, to embody your true selves, to find the well spring of love inside that is the Source for all of us. I was definitely initially intimidated by the vision of how vast and complex this planetary process is. In addition to feeling daunted, I was also swept away by the expansiveness, unlimited power and possibility my prescience was revealing to me. I am inspired by the courage of all those who have gone before us, committed to removing injustice, hatred and fear. I proudly join their ranks, while yes, often quaking in my boots. I say yes to life, to love, to joy, to discovery, to what is.
One of the more difficult parts I recognized in a new, clear way is that I must release the control that has been one of my main sources of feeling safe, surrender to the current of the mystery of my life without trying to grab on. This was an eye opener to say the least and I have such compassion and empathy for all of us as this dynamic plays out. I see it in myself, friends, clients. It ain't always easy yet I know together, we are invincible. Combined with my increasing clarity revealing our potential and power, my certainty is growing in leaps and bounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment