Wednesday, January 9, 2013

no problem

Something that happened to me recently seems to be a perfect example of how our new ability to co-create works. During a storm in early December, my car was severe damaged by the carport that tore loose and smashed it. I saw the damage while I was on the phone after an intense night with howling winds. My wasband had put the carport up for me as a birthday gift and was very disturbed that the car was so severe damaged and seemingly experienced some guilt about it. I refused to get upset and was remarkably calm. I could hardly believe it myself. Roads were washed out so he was unable to come immediately to survey the damage which included a downed tree. I was in the midst of the experiences that were forcing me to heal my challenge with overwhelm and perhaps that is why I stayed calm; I simply didn't have the space or energy to be disturbed. Also I did not my wasband to feel bad or guilty which was another factor in my neutrality. I certainly care more about him than my car. I was able to do what I suggested in an earlier post:


"Whatever the hell happens, say this is what I need. It may look like a wreck, but go at it as though it were an opportunity. If you bring love to that moment, not discouragement, you will find the strength there. Nothing can happen to you that is not positive. Even though it looks and feels at the moment like a negative crisis, it is not. The crisis throws you back, and when you are required to exhibit strength, it comes." 


- Joseph Campbell, the Follow Your Bliss Man 

I was only a little concerned when the adjustor almost had to total the car, an eventuality I very much did not want and did not happen. Instead it really did turn out to be an opportunity.
I took the car in this week for the repairs. One thing after another turned out miraculously. First they have to repaint the entire car so I am having them paint it the color of my prior car, a color I loved. The only thing I did not like about this car was the color so I got a wish I never imagined would come true; a car a color that lifts my energy. Then the car rental place had a run on cars so when I arrived with my reservation they had to upgrade me to the only remaining car while keeping my low price. Thus I am driving in a very cushy, comfortable car. The insurance gave me a flat rate for the full amount of time allowed for the rental. The shop thinks they can be finished more quickly and I chose an inexpensive car (even though I got a fancy one "coincidentally.") Plus I had some very minor details of the repair skipped. So in the end I will have a car painted the color I love and come out with almost a $1000 in my pocket while driving a fancy car in the interim. I had no idea it might turn out like this, better than I could possibly have imaged. The way I see it by staying absolutely neutral, the situation unfolded beautifully and actually turned out to be a good thing in my life. I mentioned it to my wasband to assure him there really was no problem. I just love it as it clearly demonstrated to me the possibilities of living a miraculous life of co-creation when we decided not to get attached or upset by external circumstances. We live in a new world of very new possibilities, opportunities (that may appear as challenges) and "no problem."

No comments:

Post a Comment