Tuesday, May 14, 2013

i stand corrected


My dear friend Uschi pointed something out to me. She talked about how on one hand my daughter can not and should “save me” as I spoke about in my second mother’s day post. On the other hand, she does. Paradox, again. I immediately got what she meant. My daughter must do whatever is true for her. Yet I recognizing that her presence in my life has been one of my greatest gifts. There were times when her love and care felt like the last thread keeping me from going under. Being in contact with the unconditional love she emanated as a baby was one of the most healing experiences of my life. For the first five years of her life, I did not feel separation, the plague of my existence. I felt bathed in continuous connection and love. So yes, she did and does save me merely through her existence. We are constantly supporting each other through our being. This is so vital and should never be discounted. I want to acknowledge and thank everyone and everything that has ever ‘“saved” me. Most of us have no clue what a gift we are to others. I am glad she helped me recognize the need to clarify that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment