Tuesday, April 30, 2013

honoring my parents

My mother died when she was exactly as old as I am today. My father died when he was the age I was about a month ago. This is hard for me to comprehend. It feels like their lives were cut tragically short. I have tears of celebration and forgiveness as I write. At one time I feared I too would not live past this age. For years I knew this would not be my fate yet still I want to honor this passage. I want to commemorate my dear mother Ann for showering me with all the love she knew how. I want to honor my father Joseph for giving me what he thought was crucial, a good education. He also gave me the financial freedom to get support to free myself from many wounds. I know he did the best he could and I offer my full and complete forgiveness. I am sure it was not easy for him to have a daughter who was so foreign to his way of being. May there only be love between us from this day forward. May these tears release any remaining wounds and allow them to return to nourish the earth. God bless you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment