Saturday, October 6, 2012

join in joy? practice- October

Because times are so intense it is easy to get stuck in "the problem" whatever it may be. To antidote that I am creating a forum (or maybe a monologue) to share our joy. I will post five or more things I am finding joy in each day. I'll do it for as long as it feels good. Feel free to add your list in the comments or to do it at home on your own. Know that if you choose to do this you will be adding to the aggregate joy of the planet and right now she needs it. It will train our attention to focus on joy and thus, by law of attraction, our joy MUST increase.

I worked with an amazing woman clearing my limitation some years back. (thank you Mary Hulnick!!!) She asked me if I had a spiritual practice. HUH?!? Nope, I didn't. Now it feels like my life is my spiritual practice but I also do a few regular "practices". I meditate for 5 minutes minimum first thing in the moring. Then I ask myself how I can extend my treasure today, extend my love and now also my joy. I see what arises and act on that. And my favorite is spending time in my hammock on my deck feeling the breeze and listening to the birds. Now I am adding the joy list to my practice. I highly recommend you too find a practice. Whatever you do, enjoy!! Also remember to listen to Gaia/ Mother Earth for messages this month.


List of things that bringing me joy today
10/6/12
- crisp fall air
- colorful leaves silhouetted in sunlight against the backdrop of adorable Nevada City
- hearing my friend sing at the farmer's market and sounding like an angel
- buying fresh, local organic veggies
- making and eating a delicious salad with the veggies and some goat cheese I got at the market
- laying in my hammock writing to all of you while my wind chime sings to me and the birds serenade me

10/7/12
-cool breeze rustling the leaves and making a sighing sound
- drinking cappuccino and listening to music with my daughter on her bed
- playing Cranium outside and making plastic frogs jump
- cleaning out my cupboards and throwing away outdated stuff (miracle this could feel good)
- silence except for the gorgeous sound of the wind, leaves, wind chimes
10/8/12
- warmth of sun on my legs
- hot fruit tea from Austria
- two deer visiting our garage
- a more spacious feeling internally and externally
- speaking with my beloved friend KArin
10/9
-soft sheets
- hugging my bunny
- some new insights
- new meditation
- phone call
10/10
- hugging my bunny
- warm sun on my skin first thing in the morning
- seeing into the distance into the valley with clear skies; i can see the coastal range!
- the good feeling of how much more respectful I am with this body with the foods I eat and my lifestyle
- having a very playful conversation with my health coach
10/11
-hot tea, cool morning
-sun on face
-jogger waving cheerily
- daughter's uplifted energy
- having carpool when it made my day so much easier
- my car mechanic giving me a ride home
10/12
- leaving on time with ease for school
- eating super healthy and in balance
- water aerobic teacher's infectious joy
- sauna
- friendly bank teller
10/13
- heat coming on after seeming broken
- eating a delicious bread with avocado after fasting a day
- adventures to look forward too
- exquisite hugs
- deeply meaningful conversation with my mother in law

i will take a break from updating for about seven to ten days while occupied with other matters

10/21
-having a clean bunny cage
-wonderful conversation with Uschi
-delightful conversation with Maria
-some fun new clothes and earrings
-photos of the shifting sand at Lake Tahoe
10/22
- fresh rain
- writing my blog
- emails with a friend
- not judging myself for mot experiencing much joy today
- finding a new useful site
- having so many friends check in to my blog
10/23
-waking up after long night's sleep feeling good!
- sunshine!
- smell of rain
- fun time with my coach
- excellent conversation and dinner with my beloved friend Kathleen
- feeling inspired to share love and courage with an acquaintance
 10/24/12
- daughter cooperating totally with tutoring
- able to stay calm and handle a number of challenges
- almost totally non reactive to a major old trigger
- so soft sheets
- daughter's room more clean and organized!!

10/25/12
-good news at doctor's
- easy day fasting
- warm sun on my skin
- our shy cat becoming more affectionate
- a loved one feeling better
- feeling very supported
- attitude adjustment
10/26/12
- the enthusiasm of my water aerobics teacher
- acknowledging her for the fun she creates with us during class
- seeing and sharing my witnessing of others' gifts
- incredibly delicious warm, sunny day
- fantastic but sad movie, title something like The Maverick
- sound of crickets
- eating in balance
- hushed sigh of the wind
10/27
- gorgeous weather
- sound of chimes
- long sleep
- falling back to sleep after being awakened in middle of the night by attacking spider
- gratitude for the life affirming influence my daughters' horse riding teacher, Suzi has on my daughter
- gratitude to her uncle Fritz for those lessons
- silence
- time to myself
- ability to direct my thoughts and emotions in a more joy producing way
- shift in my eating habits to where it is WAYYY easier to eat health and my desire for health outweighs my desire for sugar
10/28/12
- wonderful Halloween party
- connecting in a new way to parents from my daughter's school
- actually enjoying cleaning and doing so as a family!! actually cleaned stains in toilet- OMG
- fantastically delicious sunny day
- easily eating in integrity with my body's needs
- decreased pull of sugar and cappuccino
- feeling a balance in supporting each member of our families feelings and needs, in particular loving the balance with my wasband
- incredible new insight into healing
- possibility of new opportunity for using my gifts to support children and parents
10/29/12
- feeling fine even though the smoke detector woke me up for no apparent reason
- having so many life long patterns finally shift such as addiction to sugar and overeating, challenges keeping order, lack of desire to be productive- all of these have done a 180 relatively recently
- loving the silence
- affection of Moonlight and Panther
- new opportunities
- lack of hunger on my fasting day and generally
- another spectacular warm day
- having so many friends checking my blog, more and more each day
- a beautiful moon filled night
- the haunting call of a bird
10/30/12
- slept great
- pillowtop mattress is sooo comfortable
- broke a set point in releasing extra weight from my body
- strong feelings of self love and appreciation
- feel very much on purpose (5 things that felt joyful within the first half hour of being awake!!)
10/31/12
- how our town goes crazy decorating and celebrating Halloween
- how my daughter and I care for and respect each other's feelings and needs
- being a regular with friends at a local restaurant
- seeing how much care is put into the annual haunted house
- walking with my daughter seeing a ll the amazing decorations
- not freaking out that the house needs another expensive repair
- a friend's support trying to resolve a dilemma

the joy report will continue in a new blog for Novemeber

No comments:

Post a Comment