Monday, May 30, 2011

coming home

Lately I have been feeling the most intense sense of connection and belonging. I went alone to a movie  called I Am at the last minute. When I arrived I found a seat in the crowded theater. Then I heard people calling my name. A large group of people I know were sitting together and invited me over. I saw three other groups I knew and was busy chatting here and there. Then I made some wonderful new friends. I had such a profound sense of belonging which is new, as I normally have felt like the outsider in groups, never quite sure I fit in. The movie is a delightful documentary showing scientifically that we are not competative by nature, rather we are connection seeking creatures, energetically always tuned in with each other. As I left the theater, I had many warm hugs and interesting little conversations. Outside I fell into dialogue with a woman who owned a store I had just visited for the first time. I had never met her before, yet I felt such a powerful attraction, a sense of intense knowing and recognition, a strong wave of love. I was euphoric.
I also have fallen in love with a mother and daughter who just bought our local video store. Every time I go in there, I feel such elation and joy yet I hardly know them. This exhilaration is happening more and more, as though I have been out in the wilderness for so long and am finally finding my tribe. I felt this years ago when I met my Cellular Memory Release family but the feeling is getting stronger and stronger and happening more frequently. It feels wonderful.
I just heard about a study with baboons through National Geographic. They discovered the alpha males had much less stress than the submissive males in the troop, seemingly proving that domination, power and ruthlessness are the ways of nature that lead to success. The study seemingly was ruined when the troop started migrating toward developed areas and eating garbage. The garbage was contaminated with tuberculoses and many of the animals died. Yet the shocking discovery was that ALL the alpha males died and only more cooperative, "kinder" males survived. The entire nature of the troop changed to one of cooperation and support. Any new animals that tried to join were quickly trained out of any aggressive tendencies and the troop flourished and lived much longer lives than previously. So the old Darwinian idea of the survival of the fittest is false. In fact, even Darin spoke of the power of cooperation in nature yet this part of his work is not generally known.
The power of support and cooperation sure is coming alive for me. It feels so incredibly good, gives me such a sense of homecoming. I was just at a workshop with Khen Rinpoche Geshe Kachen Lobzang Tsetan, Abbot of Tashi Lhunpo Monastary in exile. He was teaching about compassion and love. He sure seemed to embody those qualities and to radiate an inner light. Being in his Presence created such delight. Again, I felt so at home. Afterwards I went out with an old friend and and a new friend I met for the first time that night. The feeling of recognition, of being in a similar resonance was so powerful.  We spoke as though we had known each other forever. At the same time, some people I have known for years feel almost like total strangers. It definitely feels like there is a new energy blooming on our Beloved Earth. Do you feel it?

No comments:

Post a Comment