Saturday, September 22, 2012

namaste


Have you heard of the custom in the East where people give a small bow to one another and say “namaste?” I have heard and seen people doing this for years without ever fully grasping the deeper meaning. Yes, I always knew that it meant, I bow to the Divine within you. Here is the dictionary definition of the noun namaskar:

namaskar |ˌnäməsˈkär|
noun
a traditional Indian greeting or gesture of respect, made by bringing the palms together before the face or chest and bowing.
ORIGIN via Hindi from Sanskrit namaskāra, from namas ‘bowing’ + kāra ‘action.’

Yet, for me that was an intellectual idea that had never fully dropped into my heart.

Last week it dropped in. A loved one had difficult news and was trapped in upset and fear. At first I bought into the dismay too and shared his concerns. I witnessed him become increasingly anxious. The tension was a clawing animal tearing at our insides. Perhaps because I have committed to bringing my I AM presence to all upset, after he left I was able to gain some inner ground and refocus. I accessed the part of my that is tied to a Source that is limitless and I SAW the situation in a completely new way, KNOWING that no situation could separated him from his Source, keep him small or truly harm him. I SAW him as Whole. I released any charge on the “story.” Well, maybe it is only coincidence (not), but he called to tell me that he was feeling much better, saw the entire situation differently and even had had some resolution to the problem. Now that is my understanding of namaste. To be able to see the person as Divine, as Love, as one with Source, no matter what the person says or does, no matter how obnoxious, inappropriate, unkind or down right ugly their behavior, that is how I now experience namaste. To separate the person’s behavior from their essence. To never forget the truth of who they are is unchangeable, is immutable, is pure. I get this is what we are all here for, to see with new eyes, to see past any appearance of separation or fear. Can you feel that? 
When I come from that place inside of me, I see what a shift it creates in those around me. Unfortunately the reverse is true too. When I come from fear or judgment, I feel those ripples of ugliness spread out from me too. Somehow this is so grand for me. I feel this wellspring of joy and possibility as I watch how powerfully one person’s Presence can affect those around. It is exciting!!

My understanding is that today is the second Harmonic Convergence (see post of September 8th) where people are gathering worldwide to affirm this shift in consciousness, our entrance to fifth dimensional reality, the end of the time for power OVER others.  I ask you to join in with your prayers, rituals, wishes for a new world of peace, harmony, love and joy. I ask you to see a world without war, without greed, without competition. The time is now. We no longer need to hold on to those outdated, harmful aspects of the old world. United we are powerful beyond measure. Your one thought for peace will create a shift in the field. Will you join me in your own way envisioning a world of intimacy, connection, community, cooperation, peace? I KNOW we are destined to live in love and joy. It is only a question of when.

No comments:

Post a Comment