Wednesday, August 28, 2013

busting shame

I have posted a new photo of my grimy refrigerator to help bust shame in myself and others. It is ugly so it won't be posted for long as beauty is important to me.

9/3/13 I am leaving the photo up for a week. Look now as I will remove it tomorrow.

I am hearing so many people judge themselves for this or that. It feels very sad to me. How I wish I could wave a magic wand so we could all see our true grandeur.

segment from post of 8/19/13

During my more energetic period I cleaned out my refrigerator from bottom to top for I believe the first time in my life. I cleaned it rarely previously and when I did, it was always by taking one shelf at a time. I am going to post a photo of it when I get a chance as previously I would have been so ashamed. Now I see it as evidence of how challenging this journey has been for me and I view it with gentle compassion. I share it is my strong intent and desire is to encourage those of you in similar circumstances, diligently intending to free yourself and perhaps often comatose in the process. Be gentle with yourself, my darlings. Know it will end, know you are gorgeous, a masterpiece choosing to wipe off the mud that may be hiding your magnificence. Know your own value, whether you are productive or not, doing or not. Being is everything. I witness now how my ever increasing ability to just be is of infinite value and, ironically, contributes in so many ways to adding joy to life, to being available with a helpful word when others fall apart, to snuggling, to sharing love and appreciation sometimes with a smile to an unmet fried. It is delicious beyond words. My darlings, may you always know your own infinite worth.

from post 8/27/13  Today pick something you dislike about yourself. Choose to know that by allowing this, by embracing this, by cherishing yourself with this, you are freeing yourself, you are breaking the chain, you are liberating yourself and thus the world. Will you join me in this heroic act of liberation. I’d love to hear from you if you choose to join me. Sending so much love and encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment