Tuesday, December 7, 2010

who's the boss?

O.K. the bliss trip was SO fun! It lasted several days and what a ride!!!! YUMMY!!! But, big surprise, I started sliding yesterday and as my feeling of trying to recapture the bliss intensified, I accelerated quickly into crash and burn. So being the keen observer of human behavior I am, I couldn't help but notice something. I am a slave often to two things- my bodily reactions and the negative emotions that surround intense emotional/physical discomfort. So often I follow the momentum of egoic consciousness into the toilet. Well, after a night of little sleep, I woke up groggy, unhappy and just plain disgruntled. The thoughts kicked in as my mind began to plan a miserable day ahead. Luckily the gods decided to intervene with a rosy sunrise. I got caught in the clouds enough to rise above my own misery to try an experiment. I systematically shifted my thoughts and decided to stop the downslide. I started imagining I was going to have a fabulous day and wondering what miracles might await me. I bestowed boons of hugs and kisses on anyone fortunate enough to cross my path. I beamed love over the ocean. I drank a very hot coffee and got on with it. And guess what, I am now sitting on my deck again, in the sun, having a gorgeous day. Want to join me?

2 comments:

  1. Funnily enough, I've been trying something similar the last couple of days. I'm still following nature, my own and the one outside, but I'm also making a point of planning a few things that feel possible in a day which is keeping me fairly positive.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA! I swear, minds are joined. I figure we might as well enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete