Tuesday, June 21, 2011

community

I live in the most extraordinary community. Every day multiple wonderful events are occurring despite the fact that the area is not that largely populated. This is the most alive place I have ever lived. Some people say it is the gold. We live in what is called gold country, not too far from where gold was first discovered in California. We also live very close to the Yuba river which many people here appreciate with an attitude approaching reverence.


In the last three days I was at two wonderful events. The first was called an urn burn. An amazing man named Liam had the desire to enjoy his two loves simultaneously-fire and water. He came up with the idea of creating a structure to contain a bonfire on a structure that floats. He created a gorgeous metal urn depicting the four elements- fire, air, earth, water. The sculpting is intricate and beautiful and it floats! So we had a potluck then went with canoes and kayaks out onto a lake pulling this structure. After it was very dark, he lit it and we spoke of our deepest passions and other truths, sharing poetry and our essence. The dam spillway created the roar of a waterfall while the stars sparkled their joy. Liam kept bringing the conversation away from the trivial, back to the our most important truths. The evening was unique and delightful.


Last night I went to a summer solstice ritual at the river with my temple sisters. The river was roaring with snow melt making it hard to hear over the thunderous sound. Many of us bathed naked in the river after our hot hike. A spiral of stone and rose petals was created. Then we welcomed the four directions and above and below. We went around the circle and spoke our temple name and what was currently alive in us. It was a mixture of great sorrows and joys. We then chose rocks and threw them in the river along with all we were ready to release. Mine included heaviness, despair, bitterness, resentment, conditional love, regret, resistance and deadness. We followed up by throwing in rocks to represent our passions and what we are pulling in. Mine included joy, unconditional love, passion, luscious sensuality, aliveness, seeing my blog and my work reaching all those intending to release the obstacles to Love, connection, community, living as and with the Beloved, honesty, authenticity, acceptance and allowance. The biggest YES! was when one sister, Prema, said she was pulling in a life beyond her wildest dreams. We all jumped on that bandwagon too.


I have spent years in isolation, laying on my hammock or sitting on my chair exploring my inner reality. I am happy to report that that period of isolation seems to be coming to an end. Friends are coming over today, other friends probably tomorrow and for sure different friends for each of the four days after. So many wonderful alive people in this community. We are indeed blessed. I recognize how important community is to me and I am so grateful others share my passion and place their energies in creating the connection of community. YES!


with gratitude for my blog community,
savannah
luscious sensual love wave (my temple name)

2 comments:

  1. Savannah, I'm happy for you that you were part of these ceremonies -- that they exist in your community and that you're open to the experiences. Way to go, beautiful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beloved,

    Thanks for your comment. I do feel blessed.

    ReplyDelete