Friday, July 15, 2011

beliefs by country

I am in Austria now for over a week and am deeply struck by how powerful different beliefs operate in different locations. I also want to mention that I had a very hard time accessing my blog and am not able to use my own computer here so I may not post again until my return in mid August. Plus no spell check so take it as it comes.
A few brief examples. My daughter developed a fever and relatives within hours asked if we should take her to a doctor and hovered over her with various medicine. Their concern was very touching yet normally my daugter recovers within days from her rare illnesses and without doctors or medicine, only with immune boosters. She was almost frightened by their deep concern. Today a relative was very surprised that I would allow her out in the wind as that is believed to create or contribute to the flu. I also allowed her to cross the Danube on a small boat and then eat an ice cream, all major no nos here when recovering from illness. I realized that without cultural and community support it was harder for both of us to know she would recover quickly without a doctor- she has but it was a bit more of an effort. I have also been reflecting on the support of a close community; the flip side is the feeling of being bound and held to a certain image and idea of reality. Here I feel a much deeper sense of being held and yet it also feels more difficult to be free to perceive myself as I intend rather than as others see me. I want to develop this theme further and will later. How do we have committed relationships were we experience the absolute freedom to be authentic?
O.K. I am having wierd messages pop up in German and I have no idea what they mean. I'll say goodnight for now. Hopefully, things are feeling a bit easier for all of you, as they are for me. I have had so many awarenesses and the deepest feeling of being at home in myself that I have ever know. It is impossible to put into words yet it feels delicious. I also want to thank my friend Uschi for being the response to my prayers today when she led me to the answer to a question I have been struggling with for almost two years. I prayed and intended to get an answer two days ago, and, voila! it has arrived. Beloveds, may the road rise up to meet you until we connect again.

No comments:

Post a Comment