Monday, March 14, 2011

When is Love?

Even a few weeks ago I would have said love is a decision and we make the choice to experience love. We feel it, if we are open, when someone loves us or we love someone. But is love conditional? I have come to realize conditional love no longer is my prime desire, in fact not my desire at all. I want to live in unconditional love. A tall order I know, yet this is where I think we are all headed. Unfortunately, I have come across another of Love's obstacle. Love is NOT something we can control, choose, will, force. We can only clear the obstacles and await grace. Love is direct experience, a feeling tone. To have it as an idea or intention is fine but doesn't do the trick, does it? Until it is an embodied experience, it is only a nice thought. So my focus now is to clean, clean, clean until my lived experience, like I felt some days ago, is one of unconditional Love. Nothing else I see is eternal and answers the longing for me. Nothing else frees me from the puppet strings of conditions. Nothing else liberates my heart. When we declare ourselves for Love, the Universe steps in, excited to welcome us to the club. It arranges whatever steps are necessary to get us to that lived experience. We never know what it will take and for me I must surrender to a wisdom that goes beyond my every day awareness. I guarantee you this is the hardest thing I have ever done and requires a level of trust and faith I do not currently have. So off I go, jumping from the cliff and waiting to be held. Wanna jump?

No comments:

Post a Comment